December 17th, 2017
The kick off to Term 1 of Life Groups is right around the corner! GroupLink is your opportunity to find a group that you connect with and fits your schedule. You'll have a chance to meet our Life Group leaders, mingle with others looking for a group, and an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about Life Groups.
To help you prepare for GroupLink you can preview each of our current LifeGroups along with their planned meeting schedule and available openings. You'll notice that most groups are based on stage of life. If you're having trouble finding a group, make sure to let us know!
Can't wait to see you @ GroupLink!
January 28th, 2018
The AHA's Heartsaver CPR AED Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an AED in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
Upon successful completion of both portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.